In light of the new and updated CDC and NY state policies concerning Covid-19 transmission, we have adjusted our dojo policies as follows:
Drop Off / Pick Up:
• All Elementary students will be able to ride the school bus to our program this year. Please send in the “Alternate Bus Stop” form on the HCSD website & send a note with your child(ren) to school on their first day.
• Facemask use is now OPTIONAL inside the dojo.
• If you or your student exhibit symptoms or are sick (with any illness, not just COVID-19), please stay home, and inform us immediately
• Pick up – 5:00 to 5:30pm
• A late fee of $25 may be applied to any unapproved late pickups after 5:30pm
Student Equipment – Please ensure your student brings the following supplies every day:
• Backpack or duffle bag
• Face mask (optional)
• Socks & running shoes
• Water bottle
• School work and/or device for online learning
• Karate uniform
Please pack everything into 1 bag if possible to help us keep everyone organized! Karate uniforms & equipment may be stored in locker rooms (students will be assigned cubbies) throughout the week so they don’t have to worry about forgetting their stuff in school or on the bus.
• If you or your student(s) prefer to wear a mask, please ensure that it is of sufficient quality and fits securely. Neck gaiters, bandanas, and other DIY masks are not recommended; we do recommend disposable surgical masks or N95/KN95 masks, and double-layer cloth masks.
• Mandatory health screenings and temperature checks required to enter the facility
•Hand sanitizer/washing stations set up in the dojo
• Locker room use will be done in shifts with disinfecting between uses
• Scheduled hand washing breaks between activities
•Windows & doors will be opened whenever possible and fans used to increase ventilation
• Mask use is optional while indoors and whenever physical distancing standards cannot be met
• Students will be provided individual equipment, and shared equipment will be disinfected between uses
• Vehicles are to be cleaned/disinfected daily
• The dojo facilities are to be disinfected daily before opening and after closing, and high-touch surfaces are to be cleaned & disinfected multiple times per day
• Restrooms are to be disinfected between uses
STUDENTS & FAMILY MEMBERS: While your child is enrolled in our program, it is important to continue to practice common sense and follow all safety guidelines. We cannot in good faith require all families to quarantine themselves 100%, but please be aware that any risks you take outside of the dojo could directly affect everyone in attendance. We ask that you please refrain from unnecessary social engagements, and to follow all health and safety guidelines.
• Toys and sports equipment may be shared, with disinfecting between uses by different groups
• Students/staff will adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine between using shared items
• All staff & students will be trained in proper social-distancing etiquette while in public spaces, and be required to adhere to said etiquette
• Mask use will be optional within the dojo
• Students will be placed in static groups to minimize exposure
• Staff is to disinfect all areas of common use before & after each day, and between activities of high usage
• Students will be provided individual use items and equipment whenever possible, and shared items will be disinfected between uses
TESTING AND CONTACT-TRACING
• If at any point you or your student(s) test positive for Covid-19, they may not attend the After-School Program until they are cleared to resume in-person schooling
• If at any point staff tests positive for Covid-19, they may not work for at least five (5) days from the date of the test, and/or when symptoms resolve
• Fully vaccinated students will NOT be subjected to quarantine unless they test positive themselves
• Unvaccinated (including those who have received their first dose but not completed the series) may be required to quarantine if they have been exposed to a positive case. Students may resume class after five (5) days with no symptoms or a negative test result
• If you suspect you or your student may have been exposed, it is recommended to wear a facemask for five (5) days from the date of exposure
• Staff are required to pass a health screening before each shift
• Staff must adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine
• Facemasks are optional for staff. Staff are recommended to wear a mask while interacting with students in close proximity, and while serving snacks/drinks
• Staff is to be fully vaccinated prior to start of program
Please note that failure to adhere to these policies can result in expulsion from our facilities. Please go over our policies with your student(s) before they attend our classes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for clarification!
Thank you for helping us keep our students safe so they can have a beneficial experience at Bushiken Karate and make the best of the situation!