As our children go back to school, it is doubly important that we remain vigilant in the fight against COVID-19. We have enacted the following policies to best ensure our students and families stay as safe as possible:
Drop Off / Pick Up:
• All Middle & Elementary school students will need to be released as “walkers & car riders,” and we will pick the students up from school in our karate van.
• All students/parents will need to wear acceptable face masks.
• Only students will be allowed to enter the dojo, all parents/family members must wait outside.
• Please limit to 1 person picking up/dropping off students. All others should wait in your vehicle.
• In the event of congestion, we ask that you either wait your turn inside your vehicle, or form a line with 6 feet distance between families.
• All staff/students must pass a health screening each day to be admitted into the dojo.
• If you or your student exhibit symptoms or are sick (with any illness, not just COVID-19), please stay home, and inform us immediately
• Pick up – 5:00 to 5:30pm
• Again, parents/family members will not be allowed to enter the dojo.
• Please text/call upon arrival so we can prepare your student for departure.
• Please wait inside your vehicles or form a line down the sidewalk with 6 foot distance between families.
• Please wear masks when picking up or dropping off students.
• On the first day of enrollment, families will be assigned a drop off / pick up timeslot to avoid crowding
Student Equipment – Please ensure your student brings the following supplies every day:
• Backpack or duffle bag
• Face mask!
• Socks & running shoes
• Water bottle
• School work and/or device for online learning
• Karate uniform
Please pack everything into 1 bag if possible to help us keep everyone organized!
Acceptable face masks:
• NOT permitted: Bandanas, neck gaiters (unless paired with an acceptable mask underneath), any type of mask that does not securely fit on the face or have a tight seal
•Recommended face coverings: N95s, disposable surgical masks, double-layer cloth masks, cloth masks with a filter
• Mandatory health screenings and temperature checks required to enter the facility
•Maximum class size limited to 10 students
•Sign-ups for class will be required in advance. No walk-ins will be accepted at this time
•Hand sanitizer/washing stations set up in the dojo
• Social distance markers set up on the mat
• Locker room use will be done in shifts with disinfecting between uses
• Scheduled hand washing breaks between activities
•Windows & doors will be opened whenever possible and fans used to increase ventilation
• Mask use is mandatory while indoors and whenever physical distancing standards cannot be met
• Students will be provided individual equipment, and shared equipment will be disinfected between uses
• Karate training will be exclusively non-contact
• Students will be placed in static groups to minimize contact/crossover
• Vehicle transportation will be used minimally. Students will be required to wear masks at all times and will have assigned seating. Vehicles are to be disinfected between uses
• The dojo facilities are to be disinfected daily before opening and after closing, and high-touch surfaces are to be cleaned & disinfected multiple times per day
• Restrooms are to be disinfected between uses
STUDENTS & FAMILY MEMBERS: While your child is enrolled in our program, it is important to continue to practice common sense and follow all safety guidelines. We cannot in good faith require all families to quarantine themselves 100%, but please be aware that any risks you take outside of the dojo could directly affect everyone in attendance. We ask that you please refrain from unnecessary social engagements, and to follow all health and safety guidelines.
• Toys and sports equipment may be shared, with disinfecting between uses by different groups
• Students/staff will adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine between using shared items
• All staff & students will be trained in proper social-distancing etiquette while in public spaces, and be required to adhere to said etiquette
• Mask use will be mandatory at all times within the dojo
• Staff & students will be required to adhere to social-distance markers on the mat
• Students will be placed in static groups to minimize exposure
• Staff is to disinfect all areas of common use before & after each day, and between activities of high usage
• Students will be provided individual use items and equipment whenever possible, and shared items will be disinfected between uses
• Staff are required to wear masks at all times that physical distancing parameters cannot be met
• Staff must adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine
• Students will be assigned to one staff member and group
• Staff undergoes testing before school begins
• Staff is to quarantine as much as possible while not at the dojo
• Instructors are prohibited from overlapping classes with other instructors
Please note that failure to adhere to these policies can result in expulsion from our facilities. Please go over our policies with your student(s) before they attend our classes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for clarification!
Thank you for helping us keep our students safe so they can have a beneficial experience at Bushiken Karate and make the best of the situation!