Please review our Covid-19 safety policies below to help us ensure all our campers can enjoy a safe and exciting summer camp experience:
1. Drop Off / Pick Up:
• Drop Off – 8:45 to 9:15am – NO early drop-off is available at this time; we can attempt to help you coordinate with other parents if you require early drop off.
• Facemasks are now OPTIONAL for all campers and staff
• If you or your camper exhibit symptoms or are sick (with any illness, not just COVID-19), please stay home, and inform us immediately
• Pick up – 4:00 to 4:30pm
• A $5 per 10 minute fee will be charged for late pick-up.
FACEMASKS – Parents/guardians & family members can follow the current NY state guidelines as per mask use. Facemasks are now optional for all indoor activities, regardless of vaccination status. Parents/guardians – if you prefer your camper(s) wear masks in any non-required setting, please make camp staff aware of this preference so we can enforce accordingly.
2. Camper Equipment – Please ensure your camper brings the following supplies every day:
• Backpack or duffle bag
• Face mask (and a few spares)! if preferred
• Socks & running shoes
• Bag lunch
• Water bottle
• Sunscreen/bug spray (spray-on only, no lotion)
• Karate uniform & fighting gear
• Swim suit & towel (on applicable days)
Please pack everything into 1 bag if possible to help us keep everyone organized!
3. Camper safety:
• Hand sanitizer/washing stations set up in the dojo
• Locker room use will be done in shifts with disinfecting between uses
• Scheduled hand washing breaks between activities
• Mask use is optional
• Campers will be provided individual equipment whenever possible, and shared equipment will be disinfected between uses
• Campers will be placed in static groups for the duration of camp session to minimize contact/crossover
• Vehicles are to be disinfected daily
• The dojo facilities are to be disinfected before & after each day of camp
• Restrooms are to be disinfected between uses
• CAMPERS & FAMILY MEMBERS: While your child is enrolled in camp, it is important to continue to practice common sense and follow all safety guidelines. Please be aware that any risks you take outside of camp could directly affect everyone in attendance. We ask that you please follow all health and safety guidelines.
4. Outdoor/Aquatics activities:
• Facemasks will not be required for any outdoor activities
• Campers will NOT be permitted to interact with other people outside of the camp while on public field trips
• Swimming proficiency & any limits/restrictions will be evaluated at the start of camp, and agreed upon between parents/guardians & camp staff
• Camp staff will assist lifeguards in monitoring swim play
• Toys and sports equipment may be shared, with disinfecting between uses by different groups
• Campers/staff will adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine between using shared items
• All staff & campers will be trained in proper social-distancing etiquette while in public spaces, and be required to adhere to said etiquette
5. Rainy day policies:
• In the event of poor weather we will hold camp inside the dojo
• Mask use will be optional for campers within the dojo
• Staff is to disinfect all areas of common use before & after camp, and between activities of high usage
• Campers will be provided individual use items and equipment whenever possible, and shared items will be disinfected between uses
6. Staff policies:
• All camp staff has been fully vaccinated at least 2-weeks prior to camp starting
• Camp staff are recommended to wear facemasks while interacting with campers in close proximity and/or while serving snacks/food
• Staff must adhere to strict hand hygiene schedule & routine
• Staff undergoes testing before camp begins
• Any parents who wish to chaperone field trips must abide by the same regulations as staff
If a camper or staff member tests positive and/or has an exposure:
•Anyone who tests positive or are symptomatic for Covid-19 may not attend camp for at least five (5) days, regardless of vaccination status.
•Vaccinated staff/campers may resume camp after five (5) consecutive days without symptoms.
•Unvaccinated campers who test positive may not return to camp for ten (10) days from their test date or onset of symptoms, and must present a negative test result prior to returning.
•If exposed, vaccinated staff/campers are exempt from quarantine, unless they present symptoms and/or test positive themselves
•If exposed, unvaccinated campers may have to quarantine and may not attend camp for five (5) days. A negative test result is required prior to resuming camp.
Please note that failure to adhere to these policies can result in expulsion from camp. Please go over our policies with your camper(s) before they start camp. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us for clarification!
Thank you for helping us keep our campers safe so they can have an awesome summer at Bushiken Karate Summer Camp 2022!
Sensei Dan Paradies
Assistant Chief Instructor
62 Vineyard Ave.
Highland, NY 12528